I have avoided posting much about The King of PoPs untimely demise since we had so much media coverage already.
I was riveted to CNN & SkyNews that Thursday night, and it just took me ages for it to actually sink in that a defining musician of our times was never to be heard again.
I guess it was kinda like when I realised that I have heard every Biggie Smalls verse that will ever be recited. Its so final - its a wrap - no more new material ever again.
Yes I know people can dig into the vaults and pull out old sessions, but its different when the lyrics are topical and you can tell the writer has been going through the same world motions as yourself when they put pen to pan.
So here is one of my favourite MJ videos. It shows the strength of his pulling power in his prime. This video probably has 30billion dollars worth of star power if it was shot today. The collection of celebrities is rivalled by no other video and it is done in such a way that the only cameo in the video is actually Michael Jackson.
Liberian Girl